- This event has passed.
Giving Tuesday for Literacy
November 28, 2017 @ 8:00 am - January 1, 2018 @ 11:30 pm
Literacy is a human right and an important part of personal and community development. Parkdale Project Read (PPR) invites you to make a difference in the lives of adult literacy learners.
PPR supports adults to learn how to read, write, and develop basic math and computer skills. We have been doing this community-based work for 30+ years. We support over 150 youth, adults and their families each year to meet their learning goals, such as accessing employment and training programs, establishing their independence, and transitioning to college and university.
Please consider supporting PPR’s community-based literacy work, including:
– Our award-winning Academic Upgrading Program for youth bridging to post-secondary studies
– Educational groups for adults to learn how to read and write in a supportive community
– Our Tutoring program designed for adult literacy learners
– Resources for our Creative Writing, Digital Media Literacy, and Book Club
– Food for our Healthy Snacks for Learning program
It’s easy to donate:
1. Mail a cheque or money order to:
Parkdale Project Read
1209 King Street West, Unit #2
Toronto, Ontario M6K 1G2
3. If your organization, school, or business wants to raise funds for a charitable organization, please consider Parkdale Project Read! Contact us at 416-531-6308 to learn how we can work together!
4. Donate through the United Way Donor Choice Program
Does your workplace participate in the annual United Way Campaign? Did you know that you can select PPR as your “charity of choice”? To direct your United Way contribution (or a percentage of your contribution) to PPR, please indicate the following on your donation form:
Organization: Parkdale Project Read
Charitable Registration #: 11908 0299 RR0001
We welcome all donation amounts and can provide tax receipts for those over $10. Please send your donation before December 31, 2017 to receive your 2017 tax receipt.
Thank you for making a difference!
From all of us at Parkdale Project Read