Speak Out. Read Together. Write Freely. Rise Up!
On December 3rd 2019, @Parkdale.ProjectRead joins the global
#GivingTuesday movement! Literacy is a human right and an important part of personal and community development. This #GivingTuesday Parkdale Project Read (PPR) invites you to make a difference in the lives of adult literacy learners.
Your donation will help make our programs more accessible and will benefit:
* Our award-winning Academic Upgrading Program for youth transitioning to post-secondary studies, employment, and/or a trade skills program
* Our small learning groups for adults to develop their literacy skills in a supportive community
* Our tutor training program that prepares volunteers to work one-to-one with adult literacy learners in Parkdale
* Culturally relevant resources for our Creative Expressions Art Group and our Weekly Book Club
* Healthy snacks for our Childminding and Drop-in program
* Transportation supports and subsidies that help students attend our program
There are many ways to donate:
- Make a #GivingTuesday donation to PPR on Tuesday December 3rd, 2019 – the day when charities, business and individuals come together to celebrate giving.
- Make a secure online donation on our CanadaHelps page, available throughout the year.
- Mail a cheque to: Parkdale Project: 1209 King Street West, Unit #2Toronto, Ontario M6K 1G2.
- Donate through the United Way Donor Choice Program – direct your contribution to Parkdale Project Read, Charitable Registration #: 11908 0299 RR0001.
- If your organization, school, or business wants to raise funds for a charitable organization, please contact us at 416-531-6308 to discuss the possibilities.
We welcome all donation amounts and can provide tax receipts for those over $20.00 Please send your donation before December 31st to receive your annual tax receipt.
Thank you for making a difference in the lives of adult literacy learners!
From all of us at Parkdale Project Read