Parkdale Project Read invites you to make a difference in the lives of adult literacy learners!
Our small staff team and dedicated volunteers run a busy learning centre at the corner of King and Dufferin. Our mandate is to support adults to learn how to read, write, and develop basic math and computer skills. We support over 150 youth, adults and their families each year to meet their learning goals, such as entering college and university, accessing employment and training programs, and establishing their independence.
We are currently seeking donations to support our programs and services, including:
- Our award-winning Academic Upgrading Program for youth bridging to post-secondary studies;
- Our Educational groups for adults learning how to read and write in a supportive community;
- Our successful Driver’s Education Program specially designed for adult literacy learners;
- Our Expressive Arts and Creative Writing groups, our interactive Digital Media Literacy Program, our lively Book Club and podcast discussions, and much more!
Here are some ways you can help:
- $50 will help one learner access our educational groups and tutoring program for a month.
- $100 will support a healthy breakfast and snack program for one week, removing hunger as a barrier to learning
- $400 will provide learners with childminding support for one month while they improve their basic literacy skills.
- $1000 will fund 12 hours of training for 15 volunteer tutors, who provide at least one year of weekly one-to-one support to learners
- $1500 will fund an entire summer program of intergenerational learning activities and educational field trips
It’s easy to donate:
- Mail a cheque or money order to: Parkdale Project Read, 1209 King Street West, Unit #2 Toronto, Ontario M6K 1G2
- Make a secure one-time or monthly online donation via Canada Helps.
- If your organization, school, or business wants to raise funds for a charitable organization, please consider Parkdale Project Read. Contact us at 416-531-6308 to learn how you can get involved!
- Does your workplace participate in the annual United Way Campaign? Did you know that you can select our organization as your charity of choice through the United Way Donor Choice Program. To designate United Way Contributions (or a percentage of contributions) to our organization, please indicate the following on your donation form: Organization: Parkdale Project Read, Charitable Registration #: 11908 0299 RR0001
We welcome all donation amounts and can provide tax receipts for those over $10.
PPR Wishlist of In-Kind Donations
We are trying to create a comfortable space to help students imagine new possibilities and learn successfully. We accept a limited number of material donations per year, due to space constraints. Please contact us, if you have any of these items to donate:
- School Supplies: binders, lined paper, tabbed binder inserts, rulers, blank journals, calculators, etc.
- Kitchen Supplies: Cutlery, glasses, plates, etc.
- Art supplies: Knitting and crochet materials, markers, bristol boards, construction paper, etc.
- Other items: photocopy paper (8.5 x 11), highlighters, USB keys
This Employment Ontario program is funded by the Ontario government.