You are invited to Purl Purl Read!
Parkdale Project Read’s 30th Anniversary Knit-a-thon Fundraiser
On Saturday, January 21st, 2017, join the Parkdale Project Read community for a festival of knitting and community fun!
This fundraising event will be a day of activities for everyone, including an amazing silent auction, sale of knitting “goodies” – books, yarn and needles. There will be a ball winder free to use and lots of opportunities to join a community of knitters who are fundraising for PPR, doing what they love…knitting all day!
All proceeds raised from knit-a-thon pledges, knitting goodies, and raffle tickets will go directly to support PPR, an amazing program celebrating 30 years of literacy work in the heart of Parkdale’s vibrant community!
Date: Saturday, January 21st, 2017
Time: 10 am – 6 pm
Location: Parkdale Project Read, 1209 King St W, Unit 2 (at Dufferin)
How to Participate in the Knit-a-thon:
- Sign up as a sponsored knitter and collect pledges to fundraise for PPR. Please email email@example.com to register.
- Everyone is welcome to drop in to knit, crochet, felt, shop and support PPR!
- Donate to Parkdale Project Read:
- Drop by the Knit-a-thon and make a donation
- Make a donation online through CanadaHelps: www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/parkdale-project-read-inc
- Create your own online fundraising page on CanadaHelps and collect pledges as a sponsored knitter (see details below)
- Make a donation online through Indiegogo: www.indiegogo.com/projects/read-write-rise-up
- Help spread the word on Facebook: Purl Purl Read! PPR knit-a-thon 30th Anniversary Fundraiser!
How to create your own online fundraising page on CanadaHelps
- Go to www.parkdaleprojectread.org
- Click on the DONATE NOW button – you’ll be redirected to PPR’s CanadaHelps online fundraising page
- Under Donate to This Charity Now, choose Fundraise, and click on the button, Fundraise for this Charity Now
- Sign in or create an account with CanadaHelps
- Fill in the details About Your Fundraiser
- Title of your fundraiser: Purl Purl Read! PPR Knit-a-thon 30th Anniversary Fundraiser!
- Your Fundraising Story: this is your chance to inspire your friends and family to donate by sharing your fundraising story and why PPR and community literacy are important to you!
- Click Create Fundraising Page when you’re all done
- Share your Fundraising Page with everyone you know via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and email.
Thank you for supporting Parkdale Project Read! Hope to see you at the Knit-a-thon!