We are excited to tell you about our program, literacy in Parkdale, and how you can get involved.
- Parkdale Project Read is always looking for volunteer literacy tutors. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer and would like more information, please visit our Volunteer page. Complete the tutor application form (click on the Volunteer link at the top of the page to download a copy) and give us a call at 416 531 6308 to arrange an interview.
- Annual Fundraising Appeal: Parkdale Project Read is about to engage in our annual fundraising drive. This fundraising campaign helps the program meet our increasing demand for transportation subsidies (TTC tokens and tickets), childcare funds, healthy snacks, learning materials and other program related supplies and costs. Drop by the program to make a donation, mail a cheque or donate online using CanadaHelps:
- Academic Upgrading Program with George Brown College: In partnership with George Brown College, we offer an Academic Upgrading Program that provides students with an opportunity to upgrade their Communications and Computer skills in a community setting. This program is geared to youth and younger adults and accepts students on a continual basis. Program hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Call 416 531 6308 for more information or to register for an information session.
- Literacy Through Hip Hop – We work in collaboration with “Literacy Through Hip Hop” which delivers literacy programming using hip hop culture to youth across the Greater Toronto Area. Visit for more information, visit the LTHH website.
- Research on Learning and Violence – Parkdale Project Read has developed online tools for community literacy workers and students; A Reflection Guide on Community Based Literacy and a kit for students, Helping Myself Learn located at www.learningandviolence.net. This research was made possible through a partnership with George Brown College and generous funding from the Office of Literacy and Essential Skills Canada (OLES).
- Thanks to our community corporate partner, Softchoice Corporation, we are pleased to share our latest marketing and outreach video: Parkdale Project Read. We would also like to acknowledge Softchoice Corporation for their generous contribution to our learning centre.
This Employment Ontario program is funded by the Ontario government.