We are excited to tell you about literacy in Parkdale, our program, and how you can get involved.
- Volunteer Literacy Tutor Program: If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Parkdale Project Read, please review and complete the tutor application form (click here for the Word version) or download a PDF copy. Visit our Volunteer page for more information.
- Support our Community Literacy Fundraising Campaign: On #GivingTuesday (December 1, 2015) Parkdale Project Read launches our Community Literacy Fundraising Campaign! Throughout the month of December, we invite you to make a difference in the lives of adult literacy learners.
If you send a donation before December 31, 2015 you will receive a charitable tax receipt for 2015.
Learn more here: http://givingtuesday.ca/partners/parkdale-project-read or donate online using CanadaHelps (click on DONATE NOW button below):
- Academic Upgrading Program with George Brown College: We offer an award-winning Academic Upgrading Program, in partnership with George Brown College, that provides students with an opportunity to upgrade their literacy skills in a community setting. This program supports youth and accepts students on a continual basis. Program hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Call 416-531-6308 and speak to Stan for more information.
- Literacy Through Hip Hop – We work in collaboration with “Literacy Through Hip Hop” which delivers literacy programming using hip hop culture to youth across the Greater Toronto Area. Visit for more information, visit the LTHH website.
- Research on Learning and Violence – Parkdale Project Read has developed online tools for community literacy workers and students; A Reflection Guide on Community Based Literacy and a kit for students, Helping Myself Learn located at www.learningandviolence.net. This research was made possible through a partnership with George Brown College and generous funding from the Office of Literacy and Essential Skills Canada (OLES).
- Thanks to our community corporate partner, Softchoice Corporation, we are pleased to share our latest marketing and outreach video: Parkdale Project Read. We would also like to acknowledge Softchoice Corporation for their generous contribution to our learning centre.
This Employment Ontario program is funded by the Ontario government.